The National Innovation Diploma programme in Networking and System Security is to produce technically competent manpower to meet the National requirements in the areas of designing, installation, maintenance and management of local, wide area and wireless network environment. Details of the course curriculum are attached here to download.
A product of NID programme in Network and System Security should be able to:
- Diagnose and correct faults on different networks;
- Implement network security and handle backup and recovery;
- Install, configure and troubleshoot all types of network hardware devices;
- Set up and upgrade a computer network;
- Start a small and medium scale enterprise that would provide solutions to organizations' networks; and
- Manage and administer computer network for optimum utilization.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The entry requirements into the National Innovation Diploma (NID) in Networking and System Security programme are:
- UTME Subject Combination
Applicants must have a score of 110 and above in the 2019 JAMB-UTME from the following subjects:
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Geography.
- O’level Subjects
Five (5) O’level credit passes in not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one other subject from the following:
Biology, Information Communication Technology (ICT)/Computer Studies, Basic Electricity/Applied Electricity, General Woodwork, General Metalwork/Auto-Mechanics,
Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry, Geography, Technical Writing/Building/Engineering Drawing, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Foods and Nutrition/Hotel and Catering, Health Science.
The programme (NID Networking and System Security) run full-time in four (4) Semesters (2 years)