The National Innovation Diploma in Computer Software Engineering programme is designed to produce skilled software technicians who should be able to solve a wide range of problems by the systematic development and evaluation of large, high quality software systems. Details of the course curricullum are attached here to download.
A product of NID programme in Computer Software Engineering should be able to:
- Design, develop and maintain software;
- Detect technical faults in a computer installation;
- Design and run efficient programs in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages;
- Develop abilities to analyse computing problems and formulate practical solutions to the problems;
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of computer facilities; and
- Become an employer of labour in a self-owned enterprise.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- UTME Subject Combination
Applicants must have a score of 120 and above in the 2019 JAMB-UTME from the following subjects:
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Geography.
- O’level Subjects
Five (5) O’level credit passes in not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one other subject from the following:
Biology, Information Communication Technology (ICT)/Computer Studies, Basic Electricity/Applied Electricity, General Woodwork, General Metalwork/Auto-Mechanics, Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry, Geography, Technical Writing/Building/Engineering Drawing, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Foods and Nutrition/Hotel and Catering, Health Science.
The programme (NID Computer Software Engineering) runs full-time in four (4) Semesters (2 years).